Today, the entire business community is aware of the fact that social media marketing (SMM) is a hugely rewarding way to retain existing customers as also to attract and convert prospects.
Social Media has remarkably altered the way people connect, interact, and share information. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn are the most prominent sites where social interactions constantly take place.
SMM may be defined as a method to profitably use social media to build relationships, obtain repeat business, and attract to convert prospects through friends sharing with friends. In short, SMM is word-of-mouth powered publicity leading to enlargement of customer-base.
SMM means connecting with customers and prospects where they hang out online and actively participate in conversations about the topics most interesting to them. Remember, there are already ongoing conversations between your customers and prospects and it is up to you to take advantage. As a rule, people like doing business with people they know and transact business with people they trust.
Though prospects are available aplenty, successfully connecting with them calls for a well-conceived and meticulously executed strategy.
- Create a practicable social media schedule. Posting on Facebook at least once a day and tweeting a few times almost daily, writing a couple of LinkedIn posts every week is essential for SMM.
- Social media is primarily about forging connections and showing off your personal side. Highlight information about what makes your business unique.
- Share with others your expertise and insights about your industry that many would be keen to know. Avail monitoring tools to identify and partake in conversations on social media.
- Publishing posts or engaging in conversations about your industry’s best practices and other relevant information on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter can lead to your being recognized as an industry influencer.
- Meaningfully interacting with your industry’s social media users enhances your brand image and results in an influx of followers. Take a bold step by sending some of them your sample product. If they like it, they’ll tweet about it, giving your product further publicity and added credibility.
- It is common knowledge that pictures create a lot of impact in social media. It is reported that on Facebook, photos/videos invite double the response than mere text posts. On Twitter, a bulk of the links shared is images. Post photos of products or anything relevant that captures the essence of your business.
If you are marketing public utility products, there is every possibility that many of your customers and likely customers are networking and buying online. SMM offer a cost-effective way to attract, influence, and convert a wide prospect base.
Here are some additional useful tips to succeed in your SMM efforts.
- Identify the social media platforms predominantly used by your prospects and use them.
- Spend time to research the social media your prospects are fond of. Analyze how your competitors are using them? Find out what works and what to avoid.
- Set measurable and practicable SMM objectives and goals for your business. Try to blend your SMM efforts with traditional marketing methods.
- Create an appealing profile incorporating basic information about who you are and a link to your business website.
Never blatantly broadcast sales messages, instead, have friendly conversations with your prospects using persuasive language when talking about your business.Tags: Link Building Packages Pricing, linkedin, Linkedin Groups, linkedin marketing, Linkedin Pages, Reputation Management Pricing, SEO Packages Pricing, Social Media A La Carte Pricing, Social media marketing package, Social Media Pricing, White Label Marketing