Are you in B2B? Well, LinkedIn can certainly serve as a great business generator for you! All you need to know is the right tactics. Given below is a list of effective tips that can help you enjoy more exposure, leads & business from LinkedIn:
1. Ensure that for your headshot on LinkedIn, you use a professional quality photograph. If you are not sure whether your current photograph is good enough, try using PhotoFeeler. It is a free online tool that allows another user to rate your profile photo based on how likable, influential and competent you appear to them.
2. Don’t use the same LinkedIn page for both personal use and company’s use. Create separate LinkedIn pages.
3. Republish your best blog post on the publishing platform of LinkedIn. Well, LinkedIn provide an incredible tool to showcase your expertise. In fact, you don’t have to write a new content for it. Merely repost your popular blog and you will surely enjoy more exposure.
4. Be choosy when accepting connection requests. It is better to accept invites from those in your industry or the ones you know well, or you would like to know (for business).
5. It is not advisable to send hollow sales pitches right away. No one would like to get hit with a sales pitch right after connecting with someone. If you wish to build a rapport and relationship, do it in a way that is acceptable. Just like, comment and re-share their posts. Involve in a few actions like these before sending them an InMail.
6. It is important you start liking as well as commenting on the LinkedIn updates of other people. Make it a habit. Once you become a known person to them, they will also respond to your updates by liking and commenting your posts and eventually replying to your calls and emails.
7. Join some LinkedIn groups and start to take part in the group activities.
8. Share content in relevant groups and make sure you stick to the rules of the corresponding group. Along with your content, share others’ content too in your feed.
9. Needless to say, recommendations are an excellent way to build a reputation. Giving recommendations is a superb way to get the attention of people. Along the way, you too may get some recommendations for your expertise. However, recommend only those who deserve it.
10. It is true that compared to recommendations, endorsements are easier. In fact, you don’t have to know someone to endorse them for their skills. Moreover, don’t endorse for expertise you are not very sure of. Be genuine when endorsing.
11. Ensure you optimize your profile well for LinkedIn’s search as well as other search engines. Not many know that LinkedIn possesses a search engine. A few people use it merely as the search engine. Hence, it is crucial to sprinkle your profile with apt keywords.
12. Try to join as many LinkedIn group as possible.
13. Utilize InMails in LinkedIn the right way. Don’t use it to sell; rather use it to build rapport and connections.
14. Promote your B2B content via SlideShare on LinkedIn.
15. It is best to pull off your own LinkedIn Group even if you have a modest audience, and you get a few comments on your blog posts. A LinkedIn group offers you an excellent channel to endorse your content, services and expertise. And, it’s free!